As swimming lessons resume, there is new guidance in place which customers need to follow, so expect some changes
Note: Each venue may adopt their own Protocols which may include temperature checks, health questions, face masks
Teaching in the water
One of the biggest changes to Swimtime lessons is that at present, we are unable to teach in the water for the majority of lessons (there are some limited exceptions for children with special educational requirements).
The reason we are unable to teach in the water is because the UK Governing Body for swimming, Swim England, are not currently allowing this.
We know how disappointing this is for many customers. but as a responsible network of swim schools, Swimtime has a both an operational and moral obligation to adhere to the requests of the UK Government for how lessons should be taught during these unprecedented times.
All of our teaches have undergone extensive additional, COVID specific training to help them adapt to this new approach.
Please be assured as soon as we are able to return to teaching in the water we will do so.
As one of the UK's most highly respected Swim schools, we are actively working with key bodies, like Swim England, to support their work to ensuring this can happen as soon as possible.
Preparing for your lesson at home
- Shower at home
- Swim wear on
- Pack Goggles (if needed)
- Pack a Towel
- Wear a Poncho or Hoody
- Water for drinking
- Pack face mask (may be required)
- Pack hand sanitiser for personal use
Arrival at the venue
- Arrive at the designated time
- Parking Restrictions may apply
- Use My Pass to show to venue
- Follow venue specific signage
- Follow one way system
- Maintain Social Distancing
- Avoid touching surfaces
Changing Rooms (if open)
- Minimal contact with handles and surfaces
- Maintain social distancing
- Use lockers if available (site specific protocols)
- Use the toilet before lesson (following venue protocols)
- Go Poolside
- Meet the teacher (maintain social distancing of 2m)
- Parents / guardians follow venue protocols and social distancing on poolside
- Parents / guardians - do not move about during lessons
- Equipment will have been cleaned after previous lesson
- Swimmers to follow Teacher Instructions
- Teacher to Teach from Poolside
- Swimmer to follow instructions on one way flow
- Teacher will use appropriate equipment throughout the lesson
- At end of lesson exit via the designated exit point